impossible?

Place gaming and strategy issues for the original "Z" and the Expansion Kit "Z95" here.

Moderator: Brad

rtc
Grunt
Grunt

impossible?

Post by rtc » 2008-06-06, 13:50

i want to ask if anyone finished all the 35 stages at fast speed and hard gaming level. I'm in level 20 myself, and its like driving my bike with no brakes at a downhill in everest... level 19 finished in 6 minutes and 30 failed attempts before finished at 2... its so quick and i missed the 30 minutes play i used to have with simple z but im looking forward to unlock the extra levels which are enormous and hopefully with longer gameplay.
Popov
Pyro
Pyro

Re: impossible?

Post by Popov » 2008-06-06, 22:12

I myself got only to level 23. The difficulty curve feels like suddenly running into a brick wall at some point :?
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2008-06-07, 02:30

After 24 or something the game indeed gets a lot more difficult.

I never play on fast speed since it's just irritating.

Also, a tip for players: your best bet to beat the computer is use his own cheats against him. Since they get 80% build time off their second build, let them have neutral territories and produce the first unit, then take that territory. You'll get a Medium or Heavy that's almost completely finished ;) .
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm
The_Drummer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by The_Drummer » 2008-06-08, 16:33

Another tactic I found very helpful was to save beforw a confrontation, then go to battle. If my unit lost, I'd reload and do the same battle again, until I won. This is basically a way to win all confrontations!
I'm afraid the server z game 2 is full. However, I have set up two more:-

For Z95 players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: Z95!
Password: Tom
For DOSBox-Z players ONLY!!!, use:
Name: DOSBox-Z!
Password: Tom
Have fun!
CHYROS
General
General

Post by CHYROS » 2008-06-10, 00:32

You can do that I suppose, but it can take just as long as just playing it, and you'll have to sometimes win multiple battles at the same time ;) .

I sometimes save a game quickly after I've captured all the start territories and changed the build orders, just to avoid having to redo the same thing over and over again.
Remember, the meek shall inherit nothing. -- The Book of Cataclysm