Slowdown in fullscreen with Antares ZEXP 17b3

Post questions and issues for Antares' Z Expansion XP patch here. This comfortable launcher allows to play Z Expansion in W2K/XP/Vista.

Moderator: Brad

nick_br
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

Slowdown in fullscreen with Antares ZEXP 17b3

Post by nick_br » 2020-06-20, 09:18

Hey,

probably not much happening anymore on this board, but I'll give it a shot anyways. SO I dug out my old Z Expansion Kit CD, it actually did install on my Win 10, but when starting it, it was in spanish plus when trying to start the first level, it complains, it doesn't find the CD. After googling around, i found antares patches. Game is now in english and runs fine in windowed mode. But a 640x480 window on a FullHD screen looks kinda silly. Problem is when I go to fullscreen, two things happen:

1. The main menu bar does not disappear, neither on a loading screen nor when you're actually playing.

2. The game slows down to a crawl. Completely unplayable. Even the mouse cursor is completely slow and unusable.

Anyone else experienced this or knows a workaround?
(Right now, I set the monitor resolution to 800x600, which is the lowest possible on my system and play in windows mode, but it is kinda sub-optimal)
Any help appreciated!
DemonRed
Grunt
Grunt
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Slowdown in fullscreen with Antares ZEXP 17b3

Post by DemonRed » 2020-11-21, 23:35

I found as solution DDrawCompat, you can download here (Use latest one release, experimental in my case), just put file ddraw.dll in game folder.