Thanks for the bug report. I have marked the tiles as "water tiles".
This resulted in another bug I have to fix somehow ...
@BallWin Thanks! Great to have all that data. Currently, I am feeling like I work at 10 construction sites at once.
Not really time to improve the map editor, unfortunately.
I have a problem with the video decoder as well. Videos like "E_DLOST1" have at the beginning this blue "Incoming message" scene.
I believe the framerate for that part of the video is different, because these videos don't synchronize with the audio (using your player).
Do you know a way to fix that?
In the last week I did a lot of technical things:
- I rewrote the low level network code, so that single player matches can now be handled without having a network connection to the loopback interface.
This reduced the latency a bit.
- I wrote code for the 3 volcano objects in levels 5 to 8 and the larva object seen in level 6 and 7. Code and graphics with animation is complete.
- I reconverted all 35 single player levels (just to have the volcano objects in the correct positions). However, since I switched the file format, so I still have a bunch of bugs.
- The server now sends the checksum of the map. The client loads the map locally. If the client does not have the map, the server sends the map.
- I put a bunch of assets file in one file (as APC suggested) to speed up loading times.
- Completed all graphics for the light and heavy tank (all palettes)
and some other server site stuff. When the game is again in a playable state (I hope soon) I will release the next version. Sorry, for the delay.
I will cut back on features I wanted in the next version and just make things stable that are currently implemented.