Game Era ?

Another sequel? A re-release of the Original? Revamping Z95 to ZXP? Let us and the Bitmap Brothers know what we would like to see tomorrow.

Moderator: Brad

Schmieriger Bolzen
Psycho
Psycho

Game Era ?

Post by Schmieriger Bolzen » 2008-02-13, 17:13

Not sure if you noticed the news on the main page, but what about Game Era? Is there a way to find more news about their Z Project? Is it a remake - or a new game "inpired" by Z?
Zod
Admin General
Admin General
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Game Era ?

Post by Zod » 2008-02-14, 20:38

Hi Bolzen,

Game Era is the team that X-Stategy has joined to work on a Z-like game. There are quite some posts here in the forum about that (search for X-Strategy). Our hopes are all high that we will get something awesome out of it, and close to the original. We have to wait for public announcements from them.

Best regards,
Zod
Schmieriger Bolzen
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Schmieriger Bolzen » 2008-02-14, 22:11

Okay thanks, found some stuff about X-Strategy on the forum.
tinahillmor
Grunt
Grunt

Post by tinahillmor » 2011-03-31, 16:20

It looks like there is a new update about the game. I like to join in this new online game next time. Anyway, the game concept might really be good like some online games.
XStrategy
Major
Major

Post by XStrategy » 2011-06-02, 14:31

Z future is currently in the hands of old Z Developers "Z The Game" For ipad, iphone etc and FreakNigh who made a great open source remake!
Z and only Z1
KISSMAD
General
General

Post by KISSMAD » 2011-06-03, 01:05

XStrategy wrote:Z future is currently in the hands of old Z Developers "Z The Game" For ipad, iphone etc and FreakNigh who made a great open source remake!
The PC version is getting a June/July release.
FreakNigh
General
General

Post by FreakNigh » 2011-06-06, 09:56

Where did you hear that it was going to be in June/July?

Also the Zod Engine has just reached version 1.0 in regards to gameplay features. So the "game" is now done :D . There are still animations and gui that need to be installed though. Also there is a list of new (toggleable) features I / we want to add. So the game is still in development looking for people who are interested to help. We could use a lot of maps especially for 5 - 8 player games.
Image Image
KISSMAD
General
General

Post by KISSMAD » 2011-06-06, 14:15

FreakNigh wrote:Where did you hear that it was going to be in June/July?
From the official site.
http://www.kavcom.co.uk/2011/04/08/z-of ... reenshots/
FreakNigh
General
General

Post by FreakNigh » 2011-06-06, 16:41

Ahh it's in the comments.
Multiplayer will be added if not on release it will definitely be in the first update. We need the game to be a success to continue supporting it. Obviously we believe it will be are we wouldn’t have spent eighteen months developing it
Only one computer player and no level editor. The plan is to keep updating the game with new content.
Is it a remake, or a re-release? ... -> The game has been converted using the original Source code. The interface has been totally redesigned for touch screen devises.
I'll be interested to see what kind of new things are in the rerelease. As far as platforms they are supporting they are promising a lot. I'd love to hear a list of updates such as a new campaign and better multiplayer support. Maybe like a broodwars to starcraft kind of update. I believe they might be joining a popular band wagon of rereleasing old games on the mobile platforms.

The plain truth is... I can already play the original and I don't own a smart phone. If there is nothing new then there is nothing in it for me.

Maybe someone from the community here should offer to volunteer to make a new set of good balanced maps for them.
Image Image